The first step in the visitation process is to become an approved visitor. To do so, you must first fill out the Visitation Request Form and submitting a completed form to the facility where your loved one is incarcerated.
Offenders are allowed to have up to four visitors at one time. All visits must be scheduled through the online portal. Once reviewed, you'll receive an email to notify you that your visit request has been approved.
Learn more by reviewing the step-by-step process.
Apply for Visitation Privileges
Before requesting an appointment, you must apply to become an approved visitor at the facility where your loved one is incarcerated. To do so, you must:
- Complete the form.
- Submit it to the facility where your loved one is currently incarcerated.
To find the mailing address and other contact information for that facility, use our our Facility Locator.
Request a Scheduled Visit
Scheduling requests may be submitted from 5:00am Monday through 5:00pm Wednesday only for that week’s visitation.
- Family members will be allowed to schedule one (1) session for each day of visitation.
- Visits will be no more than two (2) hours in length.
- Four (4) approved visitors will be allowed and must visit at the same time.
- Children of all ages may attend visitation.
- All visitors must be on the offenders approved visitation list.
- An email will be sent from [email protected] once your request for visitation has been approved.
- Offenders on quarantine or medical isolation status will not be allowed visits.
Arrival and Screening
Upon arrival, visitors will park in the designated parking area and remain in your vehicle.
- A GDC staff member will distribute laminated visitor numbers to each vehicle.
- At your designated time, the number you have been provided will be displayed by the staff member, indicating you may leave your vehicle and proceed to the front entry.
- Personal face coverings/masks must remain in your vehicle.
- GDC-issued disposable masks will be provided to each visitor for those who choose to wear them. Masks are strongly recommended if you are not vaccinated, or are immunocompromised.
Only four (4) approved visitors will be allowed in the front entry at a time.
- Once in the front entry, you will receive a visitor badge, along with a disposable face mask should you choose to wear one.
- Only GDC issued masks may be worn inside the facility.
- All visitors must complete and sign an attestation form of no-known-illness.
- All visitors will be subject to a temperature check to confirm temperatures are not greater than 100.4°.
- Any visitor exhibiting symptoms, unable to clear attestation form, or unable to clear temperature screening will not be allowed to visit.
Safety and Sanitation
Visitation room capacity varies by facility but will be limited four (4) for each offender.
- Disposable face masks will be provided for those who choose to wear them.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Vending machines will be open.
- Visitation photos will not be allowed.
- Only one (1) person allowed in the restrooms at a time unless escorting a minor.
- Laminated numbers and visitor badges will be sanitized between use.
- The restrooms and visitation areas will be sanitized between each visitation session.