- CONSTRUCTED: 1998
- CAPACITY: 2874
- OPENED: 1998
- SECURITY LEVEL: MEDIUM
VISITATION DAYS / HOURS:
Our visitation schedule rotates between dorms every quarter; please contact facility for current visitation schedule.
Ensure public safety and effectively house offenders while operating a safe and secure facility by housing medium security offenders as contracted by the State of Georgia.
Consists of 8 main units, 3 cellblocks with 3 pods housing from 80 to 88; 3 dormitory style with 6 pods housing approximately 48, 3 dormitory style with 7 pods housing between 64 - 84. 1 segregation unit with 98 total beds and 1 segregation unit with 80 total beds.
Building and Grounds Maintenance, Cities of Alamo & Glenwood, Wheeler County, Wheeler County Board of Education, Little Ocmulgee State Park and Recycling.
- SINGLE CELLS
- INTENSIVE THERAPEUTIC
- CERT TEAM
- Academic: GENERAL Education Diploma, Adult Basic Education, Wellness, Health, Remedial Education
- Counseling: Individual and Group Counseling, Family Violence, Confronting Self, Thinking for A Change, Substance Abuse
- Recreation: General Recreation
- Religious Activities: Various Worship Services, Faith Based Program
- Vocational/OJT: Computer, Plumbing, Electrical, Horticulture, Masonry, Carpentry
Take I-75S through Macon to I-16 towards Savannah. Take Exit 51, Hwy 441/McRae. Turn right on Hwy 441 and travel approximately 15 miles. At the caution light, take a left onto Hwy 126 for approximately one mile, and then turn to the right towards Alamo. Take the first paved road to your right at the city limits sign in Alamo and travel two blocks and turn right again. Wheeler Correctional Facility is several miles down the road.