- POPULATION: ADULT MALE FELONS
- CONSTRUCTED: 1991
- OPENED: 1992
- SECURITY LEVEL: CLOSE
VISITATION DAYS / HOURS:
- HOURS: 9:00AM TO 3:00PM
- DAYS: Saturdays, Sundays, and State Holidays
Ensure public safety and effectively house offenders while operating a safe and secure facility by housing close security, general population offenders. This is a Tier I & II STEP facility. Vegan Diet facility.
There are a total of eight housing units; five housing units with double bunked cells, two open dormitories and the isolation/segregation unit consists of 40 single cells and 40 double bunked cells. This facility also houses a C.E.R.T. Team and a Tactical Squad.
- OPEN DORMITORY
- SINGLE CELLS
Inmate Fire Department, Correctional Industries, Food Service, Institutional Maintenance & Sanitation, Environmental Activities.
- Academic: General Education Diploma, Adult Basic Education, Literacy Remedial
- Counseling: Family Violence, Re-Entry, Health Education, Motivation for Change, Thinking for a Change, Alcoholics Anonymous/Narcotics Anonymous, Confronting Self, Sex Offender Psycho-Educational Program (SOPP), Moral Reconation Therapy
- Recreation: General Recreation
- Religious Activities: Various Worship Services, Bible Study, Pastoral Counseling
- Vocational/OJT: Warehouse, Building Maintenance, Laundry, Food Preparation, Custodial Maintenance, Grounds Keeper, Barber, General Clerk, Auto Mechanics Helper, Baker, Basic Computer/(2) Computer Labs and Tag Plant
Take I-75S to I-16E to Exit 51, Dublin. Turn right onto Hwy 319/441 to McRae. At McRae turn right onto Hwy 23/341. Go approximately two miles and turn right onto Irwinton Street; Telfair SP is two miles on the right.