- CONSTRUCTED: 1989
- CAPACITY: 350
- OPENED: 1990
Provide housing for state and county offenders and a general labor force supporting Sumter County Government.
Seven dormitories with 44 beds each, total 308 beds; two 21-bed dormitories; and 14 isolation/segregation cells.
Provides labor for road and maintenance details for Sumter County and municipalities. Performs grounds and maintenance details for Macon County Prison.
- OPEN DORMITORY
- Academic: General Education Diploma, Adult Basic Education, Literacy, English As A Second Language, Entrance Preparation to Technical & Vocational School
- Counseling: Pre-Release, Substance Abuse Education, Hazelden Program
- Recreation: General Recreation
- Religious Activities: Various Worship Services, Bible Study
- Vocational/OJT: Heavy Equipment Operation, Carpentry, Laundry, Custodial Maintenance, Firefighter
Take I-75S to Cordele, exit #101, onto US-280W/ Hwy 27 West. Follow US-280W/Hwy 27 West through Americus (app. 32 miles), bearing left at the bottom of the bridge facing AMERICUS MOTEL. Continue to follow US-280 West/Hwy 27 West towards Plains. Bear right at the top of the hill (EXXON SERVICE STATION) and travel approximately two-tenths of a mile to McMath Mill Road. Turn right onto McMath Mill Road. Travel past the Youth Detention Center (YDC) and take the next right turn and, then, an immediate right turn into the prison parking lot.
INMATE MAILING ADDRESS:
Inmate Name & GDC ID Number
Sumter County C.I. Dorm Number
P.O. Box 725
Americus, GA 31709