- CONSTRUCTED: 1962
- RENOVATED: 1987
Provide housing for state and county offenders and a general labor force supporting Augusta/Richmond County Government.
Eight general dormitories and two six-bed administrative segregation dormitories.
Maintenance details to Roads and Bridges, Department of Transportation, Parks and Recreation, Animal Control, Landfill, and Trees & Landscaping, Board of Education, Fire Department, Department of Motor Vehicles (State Patrol).
- OPEN DORMITORY
- CERT TEAM
- Academic: General Education Diploma, Basic Computer Skills
- Counseling: Re-Entry, Motivation For Change
- Recreation: General Recreation
- Religious Activities: Various Worship Services, Bible Study, and Gospel Groups
- Vocational/OJT: Food Services, Laundry, Barbering, Construction, Grounds-keeping and Horticulture
Take I-20E toward Augusta and Exit #196-A. Merge onto Bobby Jones Expressway/I-520 and then go south to Exit 7, Windsor Spring Road toward US 25, Peach Orchard Road. Cross Windsor Spring Road to Peach Orchard Road/Hwy 25, and turn right. Turn right at the fourth light onto Tobacco Road and Richmond County Prison is on the left past the water tower.