- POPULATION: ADULT MALE FELONS
- CONSTRUCTED: 1991
- CAPACITY: 1612
- OPENED: 1992
- SECURITY LEVEL:MEDIUM
- RENOVATED: 2001/2002
VISITATION DAYS / HOURS:
HOURS: 9:00AM TO 3:00PM
DAYS: Saturdays, Sundays and all State Holidays
Inmate's in Segregation are allowed visitation on Wednesdays only. All visits must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance. Please contact Vickie Williams, Secretary for the Chief of Security at 478-864-4100.
To protect the public by providing a safe and secure facility through accountability, discipline and programs for offenders. Offers offenders the opportunity to re-enter society with the tools needed to become a productive member of their community, thus reducing recidivism. Provide general labor details to the City of Wrightsville, Johnson County, as well as surrounding cities, counties. Release site for Sex Offenders. Houses two Residential Substance Abuse Treatment (RSAT) centers as well as Level II & III mental health, geriatric and ADA wheelchair inmates.
Two Supportive Living Units (Mental Health) housing 96 Level III offenders each. Two Geriatric/Wheelchair Units, one housing 140 offenders and the other housing 142 offenders. Seven Units housing 96 General Population and Mental Health (level II) offenders each. Two Residential Substance Abuse Units housing 192 offenders each. One Isolation/Segregation Unit housing 72 offenders. Fire Station housing 10 offenders. This facility also houses a C.E.R.T. Team, Tactical Squad and a Fire Station.
- SINGLE CELLS
- OPEN DORMITORY
- FAITH & CHARACTER BASED DORM
- SUPPORTIVE AND ASSISTED LIVING UNITS
Johnson County and Department of Transportation.
- Academic: Literacy Remedial, General Education Diploma, Adult Basic Education
- Substance Abuse: Residential Substance Abuse Treatment, Motivation for Change
- Counseling: Faith and Character Based Program, Sex Offender Psycho-Educational Program, Re-Entry, Behavior Stabilization, Family Violence, Thinking for a Change, Relapse Prevention, Motivation For Change, Moral Recognition Therapy
- Mental Health: Mental Health Programs to Include: Therapeutic, Psycho-Educational, Mental Health Activities (Greenhouse, Maintenance, Gym, Board Games)
- Recreation: General Recreation
- Religious Activities: Various Worship Services
- Vocational/OJT: Barbering, Laundry, General Office Clerk, Food Service Baker, Cook, Food Preparation, Groundskeeper, Career Clerk, Horticulture, Custodial Maintenance, Kitchen Helper, Computer Technology, Customer Service
DIRECTIONS FROM ATLANTA I-20:
Take I-20 east to Exit 138, Siloam and turn right. At Hwy 15, turn left toward Wrightsville. At the caution light, turn left on Trilby Street. At the end of Trilby Street, turn left onto Cross Cedar Road, go across the bridge and turn left on Donovan-Harrison road; Johnson State Prison is on the right.
DIRECTIONS FROM ATLANTA I-75:
Take I-75 South to I-16. Follow I-16 to Dublin, Exit 51, turn left and follow Hwy 319 to Wrightsville. Go through two traffic lights, cross railroad tracks and turn left onto Cross Cedar Road. Cross the bridge and turn left on Donovan-Harrison Road, Johnson will be on the right.