- CONSTRUCTED: 1924
- CAPACITY: 190
- OPENED: 1925
- RENOVATED: 1990
Provide housing for state and county offenders and a general labor force supporting Jefferson County Government.
Eight dormitories with a total of 190 beds. Five sick bays with ten beds and 14 isolation/segregation rooms.
Provides labor for county maintenance, trash & landfill duties and construction details.
- OPEN DORMITORY
- Academic: General Education Diploma
- Counseling: General, Substance Abuse Education
- Recreation: General Recreation
- Religious Activities: Various Worship Services, Bible Study, Choir
- Vocational/OJT: Plumbing, Welding, Heavy Equipment Operation, and Brick Masonry
Take I-20E to Hwy 78S to Thomson. Take Hwy 17 South from Thomson to Wrens. At the second traffic light go right on Hwy 1. Continue on Hwy 1 for approximately 15 miles and turn right on Clarks Mills Road (you will see Thomas Jefferson Academy on the left); Jefferson County Prison will be on your left.