- POPULATION: ADULT MALE FELONS
- CONSTRUCTED: 1920's
- CAPACITY: 257
- OPENED: 1970
- SECURITY LEVEL: MINIMUM
- RENOVATED: 1991
Atlanta Transitional Center has a dual mission. First, prepare adult male felons who are nearing the end of their incarceration to assume responsible citizenship. Second, maintain an OJT work force of felons who have up to forty-two months left on their sentence to operate outside details for various state agencies at no cost to taxpayers. Atlanta Transitional Center is the host facility for the Metro Complex.
Two five-story buildings with resident housing on three floors in each building which consists of rooms that sleep from 2-6.
We provide nine OJT details located at various state agencies in Custodial Maintenance, Food Service, Building Maintenance, Auto Repair/Maintenance, Landscaping and Laundry Services.
- Counseling: Family Violence, Reentry, Job Readiness, Matrix, Basics World Of Work, Alcoholics Anonymous/Narcotics Anonymous, Motivation For Change and Detour
- Recreation: General Recreation, Yard Call, Wellness Walk
- Religious Activities: Various Worship Services, Bible Study, Muslim Services & Prayers
- Vocational/OJT: Custodial Maintenance, Food Service, Building Maintenance, Auto Repair/Maintenance, Landscaping, Laundry Services.
From downtown Atlanta take I-75/85N to Exit 249-D, Spring Street west/ Peachtree Street exit. Get in the left lane and turn left at the 2nd traffic light onto West Peachtree Street. Turn right onto North Avenue, and at the 3rd light turn left onto Piedmont. Go to the next light and turn right onto Ponce de Leon Avenue. After the 2nd light, (pass Krispy Kreme Doughnuts on the right) turn left into the driveway next to a black iron fence OR continue to the next traffic light and turn left onto Durant Place and come into the gate in the back of the building.