POPULATION: ADULT MALE FELONS
SECURITY LEVEL: MEDIUM
The goal of the Appling Integrated Treatment Facility is to reduce chronic recidivism of substance abuse and crime by meeting the dual diagnosis needs of probationers. The program elements consist of advanced cognitive-behavioral substance abuse treatment and mental health services administered through a nine month residential program which targets high risk, high needs offenders with a history of substance abuse. The Residential Substance Abuse Treatment Program is designed to correct the attitude and motivation of offenders through work and a structured living environment while targeting the re-entry needs of probationers, and reducing the risk to re-offend. Ware State Prison is the host facility.
Consists of four dormitories with 50 beds each. Four cells (2 cells double bunk) are used for isolation or segregation.
- OPEN DORMITORY
- RESIDENTIAL SUBSTANCE ABUSE PROGRAM
- SINGLE CELLS
- MEDIUM SECURITY
- Academic: Adult Basic Education, Literacy Remedial Reading, and General Education Diploma Preparation
- Counseling : RSAT ( SPECTRUM), Re-Entry, Mental Health Services, General Population Counseling
- Recreation: General Recreation
- Religious Activities: Various Worship Services
- Vocational/OJT: Barbering, Custodial Maintenance, Food Preparation, Kitchen Helper, Baker, Cook, Groundskeeper, Laundry, Maintenance Repair, Building, Career Guidance Technician, Career Guidance Aide, General Office Clerk (Education), and General Office Clerk (Library)
Take I-75S to I-16E, Exit right onto Hwy 1 South. Go through Lyons to Baxley and turn right onto Hwy 341. Proceed approximately six miles and turn right on the 1st road, West Park Drive, go past the railroad tracks and Appling Integrated Treatment Facility is on the right.